The Rushing to Yoga Foundation (RTY) is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Founded in 2013, RTY seeks to strengthen peace and compassion within higher education by providing a number of curricula, customized retreats, and workshops for higher education faculty, administrators, and students as well as keynotes and seminars for the general public.
Customized professional development, curriculum, and reflective opportunities for higher education faculty, staff, administrators, and students use clinically researched mindfulness and compassion cultivation methodology as well as guided inquiry and reflection, participants of various programs experience the following outcomes*:
- Increased overall awareness of self in relationship to other
- Increased overall awareness of self in relationship to experiences
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased overall well-being
- Increased attention regulation
- Increased emotion regulation
- Increased resilience
- Increased compassion
- Increased active listening
- Increased access to reflective practice
- Decreased implicit bias
- Increased access to restorative practices
*Note that one program does not achieve all of these outcomes; outcomes vary based on customization of each professional development opportunity.
Here is a list of current programs that are customizable.
- Compassionate Leadership Course
- Integrative Inquiry Course: Cultivating Attention and Emotion Regulation and Cognitive Flexibility
- Positively Transforming Minds (book and curriculum)
- Mindful Compassion Course
- Cultivating Growth Mindset and Resilience
- Insightful Inquiry
- Compassionate Communication
- Cultivating Kindness and Pro-Social Behavior
- Assessing the Ineffable
- Neuroscience of Learning and Development
Current programs that are NOT customizable.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8-week Course as from Jon Kabat-Zinn’s work
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute Program as from Google’s Search Inside Yourself program
- Primordial Sound Meditation Training as from the Chopra Center for Well-Being
- Mindful Self Compassion (MSC) 8-week Course from Drs Kristin Neff and Chris Gerber
In addition, our team is available for individual consultations, coaching, and keynotes.