Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is a program developed by Drs. Kristin Neff(https://self-compassion.org) and Christopher Germer(www.MindfulSelfCompassion.org ) where kindness is directed toward self, particularly in times where one is experience significant emotional and physical pain and suffering.
The course consists of eight weekly 2.5 hour classes and one 5-hour retreat/class. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindful self-compassion meditation practices
- The research supporting the design and efficacy of mindful self-compassion
- Practices for motivatingself with encouragement rather than self-criticism
- Practices to relate to difficult emotions with greater moment-to-moment acceptance
- Practices to skillfully respond to feelings of failure or inadequacy with self-kindness
- Practices to begin to transform difficult relationships, old and new, through self-validation
- Strategies to integrate core mindfulness and self-compassion exercises into daily life
- Individually tailored instruction
- Group dialogue
- Daily home assignments
- Guided audio files for home practice and a workbook
Upon completion of full participation in this program, you will be able to:
- Articulate the key aspects of mindful self-compassion as it relates to self-criticism, failure, feelings of inadequacy, forgiveness, anger, shame, and the imposter syndrome.
- Differentiate mindful self-compassion from self-confidence and explain the importance of knowing the difference
- Practice and apply mindful self-compassionmethodology in both personal and professional settings as a means of contending more effectively with the demands of both settings
- Integrate mindful self-compassion into social interactions with clients, students, colleagues, supervisors, family and friends to facilitate more effective and compassionate communication
- Articulate the potential benefits of mindful self-compassion practice to educate clients, students, co-workers, and their families about the benefits of such programs in their own lives
- Implement brief mindful self-compassion practices with clients, students, colleagues, and family members as a means of skillfully contending with self-criticism, failure, feelings of inadequacy, forgiveness, anger, shame, and the imposter syndrome.
The 8-week MSC program investment typically runs from $495-695/participant depending on level of training of the teacher(s) guiding the process. This investment includes all required course materials, with the exception of the class meeting room/space.
For those with inability to invest the stated amount, please advise as to what amount of investment is possible when registering for the course or inquiring about the course availability for your not-for-profit organization.