The Rushing to Yoga Foundation (RTY) is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Founded in 2013, RTY seeks to strengthen peace and compassion within higher education by providing a number of curricula, customized retreats, and workshops for higher education faculty, administrators, and students as well as keynotes and seminars for the general public.
Customized professional development, curriculum, and reflective opportunities for higher education faculty, staff, administrators, and students use clinically researched mindfulness and compassion cultivation methodology as well as guided inquiry and reflection, participants of various programs experience the following outcomes*:
- Increased overall awareness of self in relationship to other
- Increased overall awareness of self in relationship to experiences
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Increased overall well-being
- Increased attention regulation
- Increased emotion regulation
- Increased resilience
- Increased compassion
- Increased active listening
- Increased access to reflective practice
- Increased access to restorative practices
*Note that one program does not achieve all of these outcomes; outcomes vary based on customization of each professional development opportunity.
Here is a list of current programs that are customizable.
- Integrative Inquiry Course: Cultivating Attention and Emotion Regulation and Cognitive Flexibility
- Cultivating Resilience
- How do I Ask Insightful Questions?
- Creating a Women’s Wisdom Circle
- Several 45-90 minute Workshops
Current programs that are NOT customizable.
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Course as from Jon Kabat-Zinn’s work
- Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute Program as from Google’s Search Inside Yourself program
- Primordial Sound Meditation Training as from the Chopra Center for Well-Being
In addition, our team is available for individual consultations, coaching, and keynotes.